Friday, July 9, 2010

BED REST - 23 weeks + 3 days

Well by this time, I discovered that I had become part of the PPROM group (Pre term Premature Rupture of Membranes), so not only was I just a PROM, but a PPROM). The "dreaded double P"

I had some time to do research on PPROM cases, what can be expected, etc. Though, at this point, there is only so much you can read and take in at one time. Needs to come in smaller doses.

Bed rest has proven to be beneficial. We made it to week 23 + 3 days, one week closer to viability. AWESOME!!

Yup, every single day counts now, so you will notice many of my posts reflecting a week gestation, plus a specific number of days as well. As 23 weeks + 3 days is a little bit better then 23 weeks.

Though I must say that bed rest, and being stuck at home and off work is not all its cracked up to be.

Thankfully I had my family around until the Sunday, and my BFF was able to come up on the Monday for a week to entertain her BFF for the week.

All I can say is T.V, Movies, series of TV shows, books and card quickly become your friend.

Right now, I can get up to pee, and take a shower and some minor movements. But nothing more then that.

Friday July 9, 2010, we headed back to the perinatal clinic for another ultrasound (my big outing for the week), fluid was still low, but baby was still doing good. So we are told to keep doing what we are doing. They would book an appt for the following week. As well as get me in to see a new OB, as if i deliver prior to 30 weeks (which is most likely), I will now deliver at the Royal Alex as they deal with high risk pregnancies and babies born before 30 weeks gestation.

Baby is still gaining weight. Went from approx 1 lb 3oz the day it happened, to 1 lbs 9 oz (July 9).

So keep moving forward, day by day, week by week.

Holding on to the goal of 24 weeks. Baby steps has now taken on a different, but so truthful meaning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.