Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our precious son is born - Aug 14, 2010 @ 11:07 pm.

Good evening.  I am writing to you from my hospital room.  As last night I under went a c section giving birth to our son Connor at 11:07 p.m.  He is 28 weeks + 5 days.  He weighs 3 lbs 12 oz.

So far he has been doing pretty good in the NICU.   They took him off his intibation this afternoon and started him on Sipap.  However, they had to bump him up to the Bpap? as he need a little more support.  They thought they may have to intibate him again.  However, he has been slowly leveling out and is at about 30%  oxygen right now.

So as for how our day went yesterday, I went to the hospital by my house as I have been daily for NST.  The strip was way up.  Babies heart rate at times was in the 190s.  And normally he is in the 145 - 155.  I was like, hmmm something is not right.  Doc came in and said nope it looks good.  Lots of good variables and the base line just may have moved up that day.  Maybe cause baby is moving around more.  So he sent me home.

Was home a few hours amd axious about the NST still, then I was not feeling baby move as I normally do.  So my husband and I decided to go to the hospital we knew we would be delivering at if baby had to come tonight.  We figured they will do a NST and either tell us we are parinoid or will tell us something is not right.

Sure enough, I started showing some signs I may be brewing and infection.  Temp was starting to go up, flushed, babies NST strip for 1.5 hours was still high.  Not as high as before, but still high.  My white cells were up.  Though still in normal limits for pregnancy, they were up from my last blood work.

So I was then booked in for my c section as to not take any further risks of infections getting worse.  We got to the hospital at  6:30 pm and baby was born at 11:7 pm.  Things went very fast.  Both baby and I are  doing well at this time.

Pictures to come, once I get home.

day by day, week by week, baby steps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.